Because protecting your privacy is very important to IWHOST, we operate our web site under the following guidelines to safeguard your personally identifiable information:
IWHOST policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, IWHOST policies and procedures are subject to change.
- What Personal Information does IWHOST collect?
- Data Security
- How is customer information used?
- Will IWHOST ever send me direct mailings?
- How do I protect my Personal Information in public forums?
- What about privacy on sites that IWHOST links to?
- Disclosure of customer information and communications
What Personal Information does IWHOST collect?
IWHOST will protect the confidentiality of its customers' information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of IWHOST, its partners, its employees and other customers of IWHOST services. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from customers, IWHOST has appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
How is customer information used?
IWHOST may share customer information with selected partners, for example, to provide customers with information about products which might be of interest to the customer or to enable the customer to take advantage of special partner programs. IWHOST may also use customer information to provide its customers with system information or information about new or upgraded products.
Will IWHOST ever send me direct mailings?
From time to time, IWHOST may send its customers information about various products and services that may be of interest. We will not send you information of this type without specifically allowing you to "opt out" of such mailings. You can opt out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, however by doing so, you may miss important communication regarding your service.
How do I protect my Personal Information in public forums?
IWHOST may offer interactive forums, such as message boards and chat. IWHOST users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose Personal Information to other users or to third parties on the IWHOST system, through e-mail, or outside of the IWHOST system, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other members or third parties. While IWHOST strives to protect your Personal Information, IWHOST cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to IWHOST, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
What about privacy on sites that IWHOST links to?
IWHOST may provide links to its partners and other Internet sites. These sites have separate data and privacy practices independent of IWHOST, and IWHOST disclaims any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
Disclosure of customer information and communications
IWHOST will not otherwise disclose its customers' personal and account information unless IWHOST has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of IWHOST, IWHOST customers, or others, or where IWHOST has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
IWHOST also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that IWHOST stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which IWHOST will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- it is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of IWHOST and its customers;
- it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that IWHOST determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by IWHOST and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- IWHOST disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. IWHOST will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm IWHOST, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which IWHOST may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of IWHOST policies.